Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints -- June 2013 to June 2015
Monday, July 1, 2013
Hello Again!
Hello again from the MTC!
I only have today and tomorrow left and then I'm on the way to Tulsa! I can't wait. The lessons are getting repetitive and I just want to get out there and teach people rather than role play with my teachers and companion. Don't get me wrong role playing is a good and useful way to practice how to teach. Its just my comp doesn't like it at all. But fear not because I am not worried. My next letter that I sent this morning is a pretty good one that talks about what I've learned here at the MTC and what I've learned from my companion... its pretty important! I also said in that letter that I won't be doing daily letters anymore because I will really need to focus on the work. I'll be sending a letter once a week and I promise it will be filled with inspirational moments and stories rather than how the weather and food is. I want my stories and experiences to not only benefit me but my family as well! Oh, and it is extremely important for you to know that I am doing just fine! I miss you all and I'm working hard to learn how to help the work!
I haven't gotten a letter in a while, probably because they have sent it all to the mission home now. At least that is my guess. When I get out in the field, I think i will be able to use the computer more often. So feel free to email now. I think I'll actually have time to read them, but if I don't, then just keep sending "Dearelders".... and an occasional letter would be pretty cool too!
Anyway, on to business, I leave the MTC at about 3:00 AM, and I'll be at the airport at about 4:30 AM,
so you'll have to pull an all nighter in order to speak to me. We'll keep it short and to the point so that neither I or all of you will miss each other too much. Lets just talk about my experience in the MTC!
So again, I'll most likely call you at around 4:30am - 5:30am and my plain leaves at 6:30am.
I'll send two more daily letters for today and tomorrow. I'm also sending a paper about insurance for my immunizations, something about getting insurance to pay for it. I'll include my really deep and inspirational things in letters because then you can hold on to them and save them rather than just have them on a hard drive. So emails will be strictly for business, and to say hello :)
Alrighty then, I'm out of time, got to go change my laundry and then go to class! I'm looking forward to the early early morning phone call.
Love you all,
Elder Payton Macdonald
OH! and as soon as I get wi-fi I'll be sending a bunch of pictures. I also gave all the members of my district your email so they can email you photos of me, so you might get a lot of emails from myldsmail.net, so just forward them to me! (not the pictures, just the emails, you keep the pictures)
Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment