Monday, July 1, 2013

Hello from the MTC!


Hey Hi Hello Hola! I only have an hour to send this so I'm going to type as much as i can ignoring proper grammar. I'll admit it was a rough start and by rough i mean new and surprising, the first day was really long but once we got past Saturday it has been a lot easier. I don't get to sleep much and the food here is incredibly filling and rough on the digestive system but I'm feeling the spirit and that's what counts. I love my teachers and the district of elders who have been watching our back half of them left this morning and we sang till we meet again to them as they left. anyway I'll go through a day by day so far. my companion is great he is very knowledgeable with the scriptures but needs help when it comes to connecting with investigators i think we make a perfect team and that we were put together for a good reason. each of us can definitely learn a LOT from the other. And I say that from a broad perspective. Anyway I hope you got my first letter by now I've been putting 2 in an envelope at a time I'm writing a daily letter as a 2nd part of my journal. anyway how my day goes is that i wake up shower and get dressed and then we eat breakfast at 6:30am them we usually get to personal studying followed by either a class of a companionship study, there are only 8 of us in the district but each of us have a strong testimony and the right attitude and we have had so many meaningful and spiritual classes and studies. I have sent a good few stories in my letters and i hope i answered most of the questions you asked in the dear elder emails you sent.

I love the letters its a good refresher since I'm always go go go and never wait and relax. I'm fine working hard i love working hard because i feel like I've accomplished so much. I'm having a rough time reading the scriptures like normal cover to cover but I'm having multiple occasions where I'm jumping all over the place and learning so much. I'm trying to memorize scripture mastery and anything else i can so that i can use them when I'm talking to an investigator. I was so glad i was able to see the apostles. I didn't get to see the prophet but hey! i got to see the APOSTLES. holy cow all of them excluding elder packer i can guess why he wasn't there though. I will miss him when he passes away i just sent a letter today all about it. you'll probably get it on Thursday. Anyway tell me if you were able to see me give a thumbs up on the broadcast i was hoping the camera was on me when i did that. but please send it through dear elder i read that right away, it might be different in the mission field but here its once a week. i cant send my pictures because there is no wi-fi but as soon as i hit the mission field ill send them all. anyway, the two other elders in my district are awesome none of them has been a convert to the church for only 3 years and has the scriptures down like an apostle, he is such an inspiration for missionaries in so many ways. He is a great guy, his name is elder h and i love him so darn much and i am so glad he's here. his companion is elder c, he lives just a few streets away from the MTC. We all work hard here and we want the best for each other. what else can i say. i wont be able to use the full hour today i guess i should have planned that out, but i need to go change my laundry and this is kind of a one shot thing. I leave on July 3 at 2:30am in the MORNING so i will be at the airport READY TO CALL in between 3-5 so break out the caffeinated beverages because its your only chance to talk to me before i go! it kinda stinks but oh well everything we do here is early in the morning. i went to the temple this morning i talked about it in my third letter you'll get it some time this week. I miss you all very much and i know you miss me, but this will be over before you and I even know it began and I'll have so many experiences to talk about when i get back. I can't wait to get to Tulsa I'm only a little more than a week away! i did see Elder C by the way he was in a district with all the other Tulsa kids, i guess Elder B and i were just the overflow BUT hey we're with the Australian mission kids! we've been saying accents the whole week and everyone loves all of mine. Elder B knows a bunch too so we have some pretty fun conversations. I have more to say i just don't know where to begin. I'll just remind you that I'm OKAY.

Well that's all i can think of, oh and don't send big amounts of food, especially thick ones, I'm eating too much and its making me really sick but I've limited my eating's and I feel a lot better, so no thick foods, instead of cinnamon roles candy will suffice. (i loved the recipe though I will use it out in Tulsa) when i get out there it will be much easier to go by my own time rather than the MTC's p-day has been good  its nice to relax and just worry about my personal things.

Alright i got to go, darn it! I'll keep writing everyday!! send me dear elder emails so i can actually read them!

I love you guys so so much and i miss you a ton.

I'll leave you with a pun story
I hit my companion with my watch and immediately said "oh I'm sorry i totally clocked you with that" didn't even mean to say it ha!

LOVE YOU
Elder Macdonald, Payton, and your son

thumbs up! bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment