Saturday, July 6, 2013

Last Day in MTC

Day 13-14

Dear Family,

Well, I made it.  My stay at the MTC has expired.  I leave at 2:00 am tomorrow morning.  Super early...But what isn't when you're a missionary?!?

I've definitely learned so many valuable things here.  Things that will aid me throughout the mission.

I had a special opportunity to give blessings to my sisters in our district, along with the other Elders.  The sister I blessed was in tears when I had finished.  I made it clear in my blessing that she is serving for a righteous purpose and that she must rely 100% on the Lord for guidance. It really was a beautiful blessing.

I said my goodbyes to my Elders and my sisters whom I've learned so much from.  I love them for who they are, and for who and what God sees them to be.

Yup...it's just me and the Comp' now.

Before leaving, we joined the other district in our zone for one last class. I love that other district so much. There is a trio of Elders who struggled with the Gospel before they decided to serve. They each had a life changing experience that set them on the right path.

As the "older district," it has been our duty to make sure they are alright. It is the strangest thing...they have the highest respect for me, because I have personally taken time to speak with them, and have spoken to them with the inspiration of the Spirit.  I called them "the three Nephites." And I told them that being together in a threesome companionship in the MTC is nothing short of a miracle.  I taught them that they were prepared by the Lord prior to coming on their missions. I love all three of them for what they have taught me, even though I have been a teacher to them. I guess you learn to love those you serve.

Faith, Hope, and Enduring...That's what each was taught before they got here.  And now it is time to learn Charity.  This is what I pointed out that they have been taught.  I know I have been learning about Faith, Hope, and Enduring,  during my life before my mission.  And now I am learning about Charity!

Anyway, Ill tell you more about it ON THE PHONE!!!  I am excited to call you all from the airport.

Love You!
Elder Macdonald

No comments:

Post a Comment