Sunday, December 1, 2013

So it's been a pretty good week for me...




Everyday we get up, eat breakfast, and study scriptures. I have been working on figuring out the timeline of the Book of Mormon.  I'll first admit that I knew basically nothing about what happened when and where but now I have a much better grasp on the Book of Mormon. I often use the stories I study when I'm teaching people.
last sunday was pretty great we got most of the p family to come to church, i had to tell people to go talk to them thought discretly of course. they need friends in the church because elder w and i aren't going to be here forever...
anyway we were so fortunate last sunday because we got the "perfect" topic. yes the one day we get l and j and d into the gospel principles class we get the tithing lesson. nothing better than telling investigators that they need to pay money to join the church. i was throwing a lot of comments into the lesson like we give 10% of our income, which doesn't just mean our money, it means our time, our work. i also talked about where the money goes, its doesnt go to any specific person but to the needs of the church FOR the people of the church and those who need aid. it was good though because i was really able to talk to d about it, turns out his preacher has the exact same standards as our leaders, only take 10% and only use it for the church, his preacher has a job for his own expenses, just like our bishops, i think d is seeing the church as more than just mormons and our book.
anyway, life is good down in in the arkansas, i talk with our investigators everyday, not just the p family.  i see them everyday but we usually talk to a couple other investigators less actives and recent converts, we have a pretty big list of them, i've been really praying for another progressive though. i'm just dying to get in the deep teachings like i did in the MTC, but they'll come when they'll come. I just gotta stay faithful and obedient!
oh one more thing, i'm suppose to be watching those new videos on lds.org, im also suppose to challenge members to watch them so that means everyone who reads this email, so get watchin! they're actually pretty awesome.
alrighty this emails long enough for a good reading. got to get back to the work
-Elder Macdonald


No comments:

Post a Comment